HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The City of Kyndale.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Emerith

PostSubject: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:38 pm

The City of Kyndale never really fared well to begin with. The buildings were in ruins, and the people were barely alive. Currently it was winter, snow covered the streets, and every once in a while you would see a dead body in an alley. Many people die in Kyndale, from beatings, starvation, disease, or the cold. There was more dirt and soot covering the city than a volcanic field. The denizens of Kyndale were...less than innocent. People stole or killed if that meant surviving. The guards did nothing about it, as they were as corrupt as could be. They mugged innocent people to earn some extra coin, or even just for the fun of it. But, there was a flame in the darkness so to speak, that came around rather frequently. The Winter Winds, a rather famous troupe in the Northlands. They sat in the run down square, surrounded by amazed orphans, poor beggars, and dirty shopkeepers. Kyrian, the troupe leader, stood on a pedestal, easily juggling flaming torches. The flames never once burned him or got out of control. He has literally flame-red hair and emerald green eyes. He also has a close-cut beard. All in all, he looks like a normal human. Emerith, another human with black hair streaked with shimmering, metallic silver, sat gracefully on a ruined wall, playing a haunting melody on her wooden flute. Arden, a half-elf with dark brown hair and slightly pointed ears, stood playing his violin. An amazing melody drifts out, along with five others. Although he is the only one playing. Sky, his twin sister, sits making beautiful masks for the orphans of the city. Vanessë, a forest elf with dark green hair and gently glowing silver-blue eyes, stands on a stage. She begins to complete amazingly graceful acrobatic stunts, twists, leaps, and spins through the air. She never loses her balance or falls. Gaius leans against the wall by Emerith, making sure no one is there to create trouble. He is a bear of a man, with dark gray, almost black hair and a scruffy beard. Anyone who can afford it - which isn't many - places coins into a box by Gaius. They all look young, around twenty to twenty five. In this bleak gray hell-hole of a city, they are the bright flame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:49 pm

From atop the pedestals, the idolized musicians likely had a more than exceptional view of the crowd below. Most stunk of the rot of Kyndale, and were as famished as a forest in the center of the Janarian deserts. However, one particular group seemed to stand out.
Rather, one member of a particular group. In the torchlight, there was a rather annoying reflection that seemed to cast itself up into the face of the performers, sending out a signal for quite a distance around. A large man with long, waving hair marched proudly through the crowd, followed by a few men in black-and-brown colors, who seemed to be much more low profile than this knight in shining armor. The man was plated in a shell of a gleaming silver, linked at the joints by mail that seemed as though it were polished once, and then a thousand times over again. A massive hammer was strapped to his back, bearing a great steal mass easily the size of a child, and a handle as long as a young man. He raised his plated arm, and gave a woman in the crowd a less-than-gentle shove, clearly attempting to barge his way through towards the local tavern as he took notice of the troupe. He stopped, eying them. The other men following watched curiously.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaelarium.forumotion.com
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 pm

All of the troupe members continue their acts, but eye the man in armor, obviously thinking that he was or is rather rich, they easily made mental notes of him and his group and go back to their acts.
Kyrian cried out to the man "Hey there good sir! Coins for the act?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:59 pm

The paladin looked at the man with almost a glare, as if searching him curiously. "Do I look like I have the money for you, heathen?"
Another man in black colors intervened. He had a younger face, a light coat of dark facial hair growing in, a swampy mess of blackness curling atop his head as well. "Ignore the Faendarian, bard. We can spare a few coins for such a wonderful performance." His voice was gentle and had the definite dialect of a northerner, whilst the knight sounded more high-class and stuck up in tone.
The man in dark colors smiled, dropping a few coins of little luster for the performance troupe.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Kyrian grinned and bowed, easily still keeping the torches flying through the air.
"Thank you good sir. Have to keep up with the purchases y'know?"
He twists, easily juggling in a more complicated position, bent backward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:06 pm

The man in dark colors smiled faintly, his eyes as dark as the night skies. "Yes, bard. I understand." He spoke softly. "I'm sorry that we couldn't give you any more, but times are tough in this world, I'm afraid."
The knight in shining armor was already off away from the group of men, barking at an old man in the crowd. The word "necromancer" seemed to ring out the most of everything that he said.
The man in dark turned to look at the knight. "Forgive his arrogance. The damned Faendarians don't know their manners. They only know of the Gods, it would seem."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Kyrian caught all of his torches, putting them out. He walked a bit closer
"Necromancer? Hm? Well. He won't get anything out of these people without paying them first. Just so you realize. Course, we put on the act, and we get fed limitless info."
Kyrian winked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 pm

The man in black colors looked back to Kyrian. "We're here in the name of King Edvar of Northwatch. While we aren't here to bother you, and we're keeping the Faendarian on a leash, the people are expected to tell us what they know out of loyalty to the king."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Kyrian burst into laughter.
"Sorry to say buddy, but the people here don't give a fuck about any king. They sit here in filth. We're here to lighten up their lives. They will do ANYTHING to survive. So hang onto any coins you have and watch for daggers."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:15 pm

The man narrowed his eyes a bit. "Very well. You said that your performance gets you limitless information?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Kyrian nodded. "Mhm."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 pm

"Are you interested in aiding us in the cause of protecting these lands? A death witch has been rumored to be raising an army to the north. An army of...the dead."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Kyrian raised his hands up in mock fear.
"Oooh. Scary."
"But. I guess so. Hey! Em! Vanessë! C'mere!"
The elf and human come trotting over. Emerith looks rather grumpy. "What? I was in the middle of a song."
Kyrian replies testily "These nice men want our help."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:20 pm

The man in dark colors smiled gently at the two. "Ladies." He seemed greatly surprised at the presence of Vanesse, eying her with curiosity before speaking again. "We're soldiers of Northwatch, on a quest for King Edvar and the land. Perhaps you'd be willing to aid us?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Em frowns, "What exactly will we be getting if we decide to help? Obviously if the rumors are true then we will be risking our necks."
Vanessë glares a bit at Em. "Sometimes we just need to help for the common good."
"Pheh."
Kyrian glares at the two, "Would you two stop bickering? This seems interesting, no? Why not?"
Both women look at him, "Fine."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:26 pm

The man nodded. "Call me Halthas. I'll be in the tavern with the other men, and the Faendarian. Take your time with your performance. We're your guests, after all." He smiled at the two women, before turning for the tavern with the other men. "Doren, come!"
The man in shining armor glared at Halthas as he walked past. "You do not command me, Northerner."
He sighed as he received no reply, following along in compliance.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:29 pm

After a little while, all of the troupe members enter the tavern.
Gaius and Em are paired as are Sky and Arden. Vanessë and Kyrian are at the head of the group. They headed over to the soldiers quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:34 pm

The tavern was quite the chaotic and uncivil place, for the first glance. Dim candles, torches, and braziers shined gloomily on the brown wood that structured the building's interior. Men sat all around, drinking to the fullest desires of the hearts, though most definitely to the dismay of their livers. Women danced in front of them, their dresses half hanging off of them, the first one nearest to the door noticeable by the rather chubby architecture of her face and breasts. Humanity at its finest.
The annoying gleam of the paladin's armor was instantly noticeable. The group of mean was seated at a rectangular table in the back corner, the paladin sitting at the end closest to the wall, almost trapped between the two. Halthas sat on the other end, his back facing the unruly tavern, himself and the rest of the group in silence and ease amidst a sea of chaos.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:38 pm

The troupe made their way over to the men. They were fit and lean, though a bit thin. They seemed to get enough to eat.
Kyrian works his way over to the table along with the others. "I see you fine men have witnessed the wonderful building that is the Kyndale tavern. The only building not in ruins!"
Gaius grunts and talked in a rather gruff and deep voice "So what do you need us for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:44 pm

The paladin stood up, his gaze shifting around. A fluffy brown mustache puffed out from above his lip.
"We will smite the filthy undead heathens, and all of the unfaithful! In the name of the Gods, I swear this!"
Halthas shook his head, one of the other men snickering. "In other words, we're after a necromancer that's been causing problems. The dead have gone missing in northern graveyards, and the locals attest to the sightings of several men dragging them off in a cart. There have also been rumors of the dead that walk to the north of Kyndale. The..." Halthas adds a touch of sarcasm, "...most holy Faendarian Church attributes it to a necromancer. So, we've been sent to aid this paladin in vanquishing this evil, as is our duty as men of the north."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Kyrian grins, "So, the man with the caterpillar on his lip says that it's a necromancer?"
Em grunts, "Since when do those exist?"
The troupe murmers among themselves quietly.
Kyrian finally huffs "Fine, we'll help you, but don't expect us to totally risk our necks."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:50 pm

The paladin sneers at Kyrian, but his expression almost instantly turns to one of puzzle as he sites Vanesse. "What brings a Night Elf so far from the Vale?"
Halthas nods. "I was about to ask the same, but I felt it would have been RUDE. If I might ask, what does bring a Forest Elf to this land?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Vanessë quietly murmured. Her voice a bit musical and soft.
"My parents dropped me off in the wilds. I have lived in the Northlands since I was...around ten in human years. I haven't seen an elf in hundreds of years."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:55 pm

"Any of that magic, and I will cleanse you." The paladin narrowed his eyes at Vanesse, but was interrupted by the standing of Halthas.
"This is not your land, Doren. You are here as a guest of King Edvar, and you shall do as he wills. You will leave all alone but the necromancer and his kin, do you understand?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Kyrian narrowed his eyes. "You hurt ANY. Of my family, and you will regret it. That I swear."
Emerith glares "You will have all of us on you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   

Back to top Go down

The City of Kyndale.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next