HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Hunt Begins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Emerith

PostSubject: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:23 pm

It was a dreary day in Kyndale. The clouds covered the sun and made the city seem like a ruined graveyard. The ruined shells of old buildings adding to that affect. Dirty looking snow covered the streets and the homeless walked along quietly, looking for any sort of food or loose change. However, there was a source of excitement as a guard pinned a new notice up on the bulletin board in the middle of town. He walked away and people crowded in to see. The new notice depicted a rather savage looking beast. The Chimaera. The beast had a head of a goat, one of a lion, and one of a vicious looking dragon in the middle. Horns curved out from both the goat and the dragon's head. The dragon had pitch black scales as well. The hind-quarters of the beast was that of a goat, while the front was a lion. From the back arose two giant dragon wings. Finally, a snake tail almost seemed to writhe with lifelike qualities. People gasped as they read the heinous acts the beast was charged of. A hooded woman stood back, looking at the poster quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: THE HUNT BEGINS   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 pm

A very gentle voice sounded from the crowd, as two starlight eyes ran over the board. She was a light azure of skin, her hair a dark blue that flowed gracefully down towards her ankles. A dress of leaves adorned her body, her little belly exposed, while she was left modestly covered. She was of a short stature- likely around the height of a shorter human woman, a bit above average for a Forest Elf. Her two ears pointed up above her head rather dramatically in comparison to the rest of her race. She held a simple, crooked, vine-covered stick that appeared as if it had simply been ripped off of a tree. Violet flowers adorned this stick, along with her own dress of leaves; yet another was too placed in her hair. She was a beautiful elf, of a very youthful, yet mature appearance, who seemed always happy but also somewhat saddened at the same time.
"Oh dear, the poor creature...what has corruption done to you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaelarium.forumotion.com
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:31 pm

The hooded woman turned her gaze over to the elf, and quietly murmurs, "The rumors have gotten worse." The woman's voice was gentle and smooth sounding, like water. She was wearing dark leather that seemed to be falling apart. There were several patches keeping bits of the leather together. She seemed rather thin, to the point of almost being unhealthy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: THE HUNT BEGINS   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm

"What have the poor people of this area said about the creature, dearest lady? I wish simply to aid in the balance of - you seem familiar."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 pm

"I do not believe we have met."
The woman pulled her hood down to reveal hair the color of pine needles, a darker type of a green. It falls down to about the middle of her back and is rather straight. Her skin was a light twilight blue color. Her eyes glowed to a rather beautiful looking blueish silver. the woman's ears were not much longer than a human's, however they were sharply pointed. The beauty and young look to her face were hidden by a layer of dust and dirt. Under that rested several scars of various looks and designs. The most noticeable being a scar that rests on the outer edge of her right eye. It's about two inches long and looks recent.
"They say the creature has murdered several people, that he - or she - has dragged them back to its lair. . . There might be a hunting party forming soon." The woman sighs quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: HUNT HUNT HUNT THE COOCOO CHIMAERA   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 pm

The leaf-dressed woman smiled. "Ah, another child of the Veil!" She seemed almost silly and comical in her speech and movements, yet at the same time, the very idol of serenity. "You have traveled so far from home, just as I. What brings you so far into the North?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm

The woman quietly looked back at the poster. She paused before saying, "I live here." Her movements seemed to contrast highly with the leaf-dressed elf's movements. The elf in leather was quiet and serious. Her eyes portrayed a hidden sorrow that the leaf-dressed elf would most likely pick up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: HUNTING THIS THREE-HEADED DICKWEED   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 pm

"My name is Alandriel, of the Veiled Wood. I have tended to the lands of Men and their wonderful children for many centuries, now," the beautiful druidess smiles, stumbling a bit. "Woops!"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm

The elf in leather moves with a fluid cat-like grace. She never stumbles as she moves forward a bit in case the other elf should fall.
"...Vanessë Shadowpride."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chimmy Chimney   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 pm

"You are most beautiful, Vanesse. A lovely elf out here amongst lovely people!" The druidess smiled all the while, placing both hands on her staff. "Where might I find this Chimaera? It seems as though it is causing much suffering to the ecology here in the Northlands. It pains me, but it must face aldre so that the cycle of things might continue as they should."

*Note that in the language of the Forest Elves, "Aldre" refers most normally to euthanasia.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Vanessë murmured quietly, "I have been trying to track it actually . . .I narrowed it down to a series of caves . . .I can take you there if you would like."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The hunt for the great cockling Chimaera   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 pm

The druidess nods, her two eyes sparkling a serene silver. "Are there others who may wish to accompany?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Vanessë shrugged lightly, "Not that I can think of."
She waited to see if the elf would say anything more, and if not, she would begin to walk towards the city gates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chimaera stuff   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 pm

"You have no friends that may be able to assist?" the druidess covers her mouth. "But...but what if there is an emergency?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Vanessë looks down, "Well . . I do have friends . . . But. Well, I don't really like pulling them into things like this."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chimaera stuff   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 pm

"But, oh dear! Two children of nature? We must have the brave human or dwarf who is willing to charge into battle fearlessly! Oh Alrith, how I miss you so!" replied the druidess in an almost comical voice. There was, however, the slightest hint of sadness at the mention of the name, Alrith.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Vanessë looked back, her face rather serious. "I can fight. But if you want to find someone...you can. I just don't know of anyone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chimaera stuff   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:25 pm

The druidess sighs. "Very well, we might be able to handle the creature through guile and our alliance with nature, given that you too are a child born of the cycle. Oh Alrith, how I miss you so..."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:28 pm

Vanessë nodded, "Anyway...I tracked him a little bit beyond the treeline. I assume it's a male considering the size of the tracks." Vanessë proceeded to walk towards the city gate again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chimaera stuff   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Anariel followed along, her ludicrously long blue hair brushing up against the streets as sweeping aside trash and other objects. She reached up to her forehead, and fixed a silver tiara, smiling in a very air-headed fashion. "It is so beautiful here, in the Northlands! Cold, yes, but so undisturbed by the ambitions of mortals!"
The druidess began to hum to herself a gentle tune, her eyes shut as she rocked her head from side to side. A smile always adorned her lips, her little azure face lit up red at the cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Vanessë huffed quietly, "The wilds are beautiful, the cities . . . not so much." She looked around as they walked out of the city and into the snowy forest. "Not much farther. I can see why people are afraid of him, with his home being so close."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chimmy Chimaera   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 pm

"I do not fully understand. Is he corrupted? Is something scaring him into drastic actions? Is he mad?" Anariel continued to make numerous inquiries as the two walked along.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Vanessë sighs, "I don't know..I have investigated the killings, however I haven't even seen any of the victims. I realize Chimaeras eat meat, but..I don't think they eat humanoid flesh."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Cracy Chimaera Chase   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Anariel beamed at Vanesse. "Are you a druidess, Vanesse? Of the cycle?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Vanessë nodded once. "I tend to take to a more . . . animal - like spirit out here. Easier to get by."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins   

Back to top Go down

The Hunt Begins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next