Project Aelarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Aelarium

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fanawa

Fanawa

Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Fanawa adjusted the blue wrappings that hid her face once more. She didn’t like to show what she looked like around others, especially mortals. It frightened them. It was natural though. Every Kamitsuno went through this stage when reborn… or in her case simply born. The elders said this stage of life represented the ugliness that once plagued Sol’tyr. The pilgrimage represented the struggle he went through and the metamorphous that took place at the Spirit Chasm represented the miracle of Sol’tyr being cleansed of his evil. It was a reminder that all Kamitsuno must never give into corruption.
The young girl did not reply to the elf, but looked to the corner where the odd mortal creatures called orcs were pointing. The Kamitsuno found it odd that the human, any human for that matter, liked to be isolated now and then. Fanawa couldn’t stand it. Already it pained her to not hear the thoughts of her people flow through her mind.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm

A figure quietly sat in the darkest corner of the slave quarters. The outline of long hair that flowed down to the middle of her back was clear, as well as two human-sized ears that were sharply pointed. If one looked closed enough they would be able to see hair the dark greenish color of pine needles with light blue skin. She stared at the dirt floor, completely silent. Her eyes were hidden as her hair fell over her face.

The elf took a formal approach in speaking as he dipped his head in greeting. "Ah yes, my name is Valdier. Perhaps you have heard of me? It matters not, for I have slaves that you may wish to buy. Mostly male, and in decent shape. Well disciplined as well."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:10 pm

"He is one of the Men that came from Westamere, during the Great War. You know, the kingdom that recruited from its insane asylums and prisons? I bet that he murdered dozens of his kin before he was allowed to fight us. The monster probably butchered his own mother!"
"He probably baked his own children in the oven, and ate them!" More random accusations flew about the antechamber.
"Oh no! He ate meat?" came the cry of a distressed Forest Elf.

The warden ran his eyes down the one called Valdier, his expression completely void of anything but cold and immoral curiosity. "May I see them?"
Back to top Go down
https://projectaelarium.forumotion.com
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:17 pm

The young Kamitsuno braced her hands against one of the walls and leaned her hairless dog like ear against it. She closed her eyes, relishing in the cool touch of the cave’s wall. “I have to find a way out. I cannot stay here.” She was getting anxious and began to pace back and forth, moving with such momentum that she kicked up dirt where she stepped. Her little bobbed tail moving back and forth. “I have to get back. There is no other option! I must find a way out… and I will.” Fanawa said with determination thick in her voice.

Last edited by Fanawa on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 pm

The female elf in the corner watched the Kamitsuno pace quietly. Her left ear twitched slightly at the sound of the rumors floating around the living quarters. She had heard her fair share of rumors back in Kyndale about various races and people, although she didn't normally believe them. She sighed quietly and went back to staring at the floor.

Valdier nodded, "Of course . . .Come with me and I can take you to them. I have six slaves currently available. One Orc and five Humans." Valdier turned to walk towards the exit, preparing to lead the Warden to the slaves outside.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:24 am

"Actually, I was a scholar," came a voice that flowed throughout the cave. "You see, Westamere grew desperate as it fought the Orcs, to the point where they had to turn to conscription, a practice that King Eldinath himself despised. The city of Arcanum supported holding the Orcs at bay, so I wasn't spared." There was a long pause as the cave fell incredibly quiet, the chatter ceasing as all of the eyes turned towards him. "I was a student of history and philosophy, and I spent a winter with the Gnomes in their great city, to learn more of their crafts." He chuckled darkly. "So much for that. You know the world's fucked when the people preaching peace and trying to be peaceful are killed or dragged into war."

The warden nodded, standing to walk with Valdier. "Yes, we need more males to mine the Adamantium here. The engineers are working on a new...battering ram...of a certain variety, and they require more plating. No arrows or ballistas could pierece the sides of the new creation. Not even those dwarven mortars could break them."
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:31 am

Fanawa’s ears perked up whe she heard the voice of the man shrouded in the shadow of the far corner. The rest of the cave grew silent listening and she found herself interested in his story herself. She spoke in her scratchy sounding voice. “The world is in a bad predicament, but even though things are hard… we can’t give up hope. If we do that then the cruel will win. We have to keep trying to make the world a better place for the good of everyone.”
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:35 am

The female elf in the corner looked up again, then sighed quietly. She muttered, "Some people don't deserve to live in a better place." She looked back at the ground while her hair fell over her face yet again.

Valdier nodded, "These slaves will definitely help you with that." Valdier led the way outside where five Humans and an Orc were sitting, chained up. What looked to be a mercenary stood over them, keeping watch. The slaves were all very strong looking, but somewhat haggard and tired from travel.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am

The man fell silent, as the rest of the cave kept its eyes on him for several moments. "What the fuck do you all want? I was just telling the lot of you how foolish you sounded. An insane asylum." He scoffs. "Maybe Arcanum is an insane asylum to you Faendarians."

The warden looked over the line of chained males, before turning his gaze back to Valdier. "The Axis will pay better than any other slave-holding entity in the world. How much do you want for them?"
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am

The small Kamitsuno sighed and turned back to the cave wall, feeling around for some kind of opening. Maybe there was a secret entrance? Highly unlikely, but she thought it wouldn’t hurt to check. She hated this place. The dust was thick in the air and never seemed to settle. The negative emotions that radiated from the other slaves were choking and draining her of hope. This place would drive her mad before she died. She began to whimper, wanting escape more than anything now as bad thoughts clouded her mind. Her nails grew out and she started scratching the wall like a crazed cat.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 am

The female elf in the corner seemed to be quietly drawing in the dirt with her finger. Anyone close enough to see would have noticed that the drawing, even if it was in the dirt, was extremely detailed. It seemed to be a drawing of a howling wolf. She no longer seemed to care about anyone else in the cell.

Valdier thought for a moment, "Eight thousand. They are decent slaves after all."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:58 am

"There there, find peace, my friend," Anariel put a hand on the exotic slave, her other hand still holding the little sapling. "Find tranquility here, for there is serenity in even the darkest of places. We shall be free in due time." The druidess spoke soothingly, her voice flowing throughout the cave.
"Are you calling us fools, human?" came the angered voice of an Orc.
"I did not say that you were a fool, I said that you were acting like one. You and yours."
"Filthy human! I'll crush you!" The Orc pounded a fist into his hand, growling like a rabid dog.
"Brother! What did I just say?" came the voice of Agranaak. "We have enough here to be concerned with, without bickering amongst ourselves! Have you not stopped to think that maybe they put us all in here together so we WOULD fight?"
"I..."

"Eight thousand...you certainly defy the traditional market values, eh?" The High Elf grinned at Valdier.
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 am

Fanawa’s muscles began to relax once she felt the presence of Anariel’s positive aura. The Kamitsuno quickly retracted her nails and lowered her head ashamed of how she had acted. To panic so easily was not her people’s way. She cleared her throat talking as softly as she could. “Forgive me… there is so much negative energy here. To constantly be bombarded with it can affect me. I have to learn how to control myself better and make it the other way around only with good energy.”
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:09 am

The elf continued drawing in the dirt, her wolf sketching gaining more and more detail and beauty. Fur begins to take form, down to the last hair.

Valdier grinned and shrugged. "I ask what I want, and only what I want. I do this mainly for the thrill."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 am

The Orcs begin to bicker amongst themselves, their voices growing into irritation as the attention is moved away from the tan-man, who stands and quietly walks over towards the artistic elf, his footsteps light but defined. He fixes his eyes on the drawing, and then the elven woman.
"All will be well, dearest Fanawa," Anariel kept her smile on. "They cannot hold us forever, though the Orc is correct. They have put us here so that we might fight each other, and keep ourselves limited."

"Would you like some tea, Valdier?" The warden gestured towards a small dining area in a building nearby. "Or perhaps a glass of milk?"
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am

Fanawa looked up at the elf, hoping for answers. “Then how will we escape? We cannot just sit here and do nothing. I have to continue my pilgrimage.”
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 am

The woman froze, and looked up at the man. "Yes?..." She stopped drawing to look at him, uncertainty and distrust in her eyes.

Valdier folded his hands behind his back, "I would love some tea, thank you."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:28 am

The tan man shrugged his shoulders, looking at the elf. "I am merely here to examine that spectacle of art that you've drawn in the dust. Don't mind me."
Anariel kept her starlight eyes on Fanawa. "Have patience, my friend. For if we are hasty, our exit from here might not work well in our favor." She smiled, holding the little sapling up. flower

"Come and sit down with me, Valdier." The warden sat down at a table with two chairs. "Put on some tea, tree-lover."
A young Forest Elf of violet hair bowed. "Yes, my lord."
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:35 am

The girl nodded slowly, pressing her back against the cool surface of the wall. Gradually, she slid down until she was sitting on the ground. She examined the little flower the forest elf held. It pulsed with Shiv’s life force. It made her smile for the first time since she had been captured. Not all had been lost yet. “You are right. We must take our time.” She closed her eyes inhaling deeply as she tried to enter meditation to calm her spirit.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 am

The elf slowly went back to drawing, although she kept her eyes on the man. She gradually added pine trees and a full moon around the wolf, making it into a complete scene. She used her nails to design the trees right down to the pine needles and she even began to spread little particles of dirt around to recreate darkness and shading.

Valdier sat down, "Thank you. Quite the nice set-up you have here. I admire it."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:44 am

"I simply must learn more of your people!" said Anariel with great enthusiasm, her eyes set on Fanawa.
"You're quite the artist." said the man. "And so is whatever deity that created you." He smirked cheekily.

"Just because we are so far removed from the heart of civilization does not mean that we cannot be civilized, even in such a place as this." Two cups were set on the table in between Valdier and the warden, and then a teapot, steam rising from it like a fiery chasm. "My name is Aelon Harandas. Some of the slaves have called me Aelon the Horrendous, and the Dwarves have called me the Earthbreaker. A clever little bit of irony, as the Earthbinder Clan resides in these mountains."
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:54 am

As Fanawa entered into a deep meditation, she focused on the core of her psionics. A calming aura of psychic energy would surround her and slowly fill the cave. Perhaps it would even soothe the restless spirits of the slaves that were still bickering and scared. When she heard the elf speak again, she broke her concentration to look up at her. Fanawa was more interested in learning about the Forest Elves herself, but she knew since Anariel asked first she should answer whatever questions she had. The young Kamitsuno pressed her fingertips together.
“Well… my people made themselves known to the other races about twenty years ago when the exiles started their holocaust on mortals. We left to warn and protect the mortals. We are still in the transition of mixing in with your societies and gaining alliances.”
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:01 am

The elf's eyes flickered towards the man, "I am nothing compared to most." She looked up at him, dirt covered her face. Her scars rather visible as well. "As for my art . . . I like drawing and painting, so I make sure to practice. It brings me happiness."

Valdier nodded, "Of course. Well, I think that it's appropriate for you to have such names. I would rather have slaves despise me rather than love me. Above all fear is needed of course. I usually have a little trick to prevent slaves from thinking that they can escape. It's rather handy."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:11 am

"Alliances? Have you not come and spoken to the Council of Elders? Surely they would bring you friendship and a place alongside us in the Vale!" Anariel smiled, reaching out for Fanawa's hand.
The man looked at the elf. "I don't know about that, you're pretty easy on the eyes. And your art is pretty easy on the eyes."

"Ah, but..." Aelon, the warden, raised a finger. "Hatred can work both ways. If they hate you, their resentment can come to overpower you. This is where the debate then comes in; where is the line? And if you draw the line in dangerous bounds, are you prepared for a small complication?" The warden stood, looking out over the workers within the quarry. "Hate is a powerful tool to be used, my friend. It holds these slaves in place, not out of hatred for me, but out of a greater hatred for each other. Orcs alongside men and elves, and men chosen from different kingdoms and placed together solely to brew animosity. Walls and armed guards can hold no men or orcs or elves forever. They can, however, hold themselves inside the walls through their common limitation."
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 am

Fanawa lowered her head. “We were once going to be allied with a human kingdom a very long time ago. The Su’nari out number us and it would be difficult to stop them on our own. My father saw a vision. New souls could be born, but only with the help of mortals. This human kingdom was fascinated with our gifts… what they really wanted was a weapon I truly believe, but my people wished to give them a chance. It was agreed that an alliance would be formed when the first new soul was created. My father was chosen to mate with one of the women from the kingdom. Everything went well… until I was born.” She sighed, a sad look reflecting in her eyes. “My mother died during childbirth. The humans turned on us then, claiming I had killed her and wanted my death. My people forced their way out and took me back to Auriel Haven. I haven’t been back on the land of mortals since my birth until now.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun   Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2 - The Mines of Arkun
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next