Share | 

Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:52 pm

A chilling and harrowing boom sounded within the deep. It seemed at once as if terror was stricken throughout the darkness of the mines, every child falling silent, chatter ceasing altogether. Even the guards in their crimson apparel seemed uneasy, some biting their lips and others shifting about, as the boom once again sounded. A distant cry came from far within the Mines of Arkun, an unimaginable wail that seemed if it were completely out of a nightmare.
The tan, dark-haired man, Amad, leaned his head against the cavern's wall. "By the Gods, that fucking thing again." He spat on the ground. "A priest's mortal -or immortal- enemy, I'd imagine.
Anariel, the druidess, kept her warming smile ever on her face, her arms around two children, one of which appeared to be using her ridiculously long blue hair as a blanket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaelarium.forumotion.com
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Vanessë, the forest elven woman with back-length hair the color of pine needles, sat against the wall. She appeared to be surrounded by small drawings in the dirt, and was working on a new one. She looked up for a moment, listening to the boom. After it went silent again she went back to her drawing. All of her drawings were extremely detailed, even if they were drawn in the dirt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaS5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:41 am

Deliah stood motionless. Her expression as blank as a canvas. Her dark blue irises looked to be almost the same color as her pupil, allowing her to have incresed vision in the dark. Deliah's long flowing hair matched her irises with little streaks of silver running through it. Her pale skin was close to her now tattered white dress folded over itself in a way that made it seem there was no hope left to restore the once beautiful dress. Within Deliah's deep-set eyes theyre lay mystery. A long, haunting past. What would happen to them next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:46 am

"There there, my child. Everything will be okay." Anariel smiled brightly at one of the children, placing a hand on his head. She then turned her gentle, starlit gaze towards the third druidess, Deliah. She spoke in a very flowing and beautiful tongue, that of the people of the Vale. "Greetings, child of the wood." She continued smiling all the while.
"Hey, there's the artsy girl again," said the familiar and cheeky man to Vanesse. "What are you drawing this time? An escape route, perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:53 am

Vanessë grunted, "I could escape, but that would involve leaving all of you here. I don't really want to do that, though. So I'm drawing a cat instead."
The drawing was indeed of a house cat. You could have seen the individual hairs on the body of the cat, as well as other very small details. It seemed as if Vanessë had a gift for drawing. She brushed the hair out of her eyes and continued drawing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaS5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:03 am

"How did we end up here?" Deliah found asking herself. It was as if this cave was her new life, and this is all she was to know for the rest of her life. "Will we ever be able to see the sun again?" "What was to be our purpose here?" We need a way to escape before something happens to us all. Before we strave to death. If only there was a sign...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:12 am

Anariel continued to smile at the quiet Forest Elf. "I'm Anariel!" Her tongue suddenly seemed a bit more casual, as she began speaking the common tongue, a much harsher language in comparison to that of the Vale. "What's your name? Are you a druidess as well?"
"Oh, you could?" said Amad. "Even with those funny chains?" He gestured towards the chains given to most of the elves, which glowed a very faint and almost demonic red.
A green-skinned man, massive of stature and fanged of mouth, opened one bloodshot eye. He was younger, his skin less scathed and wrinkled than those who surrounded him. Both his hair and beard were fiercely braided into the style of a warrior, giving him a most intimidating appearance. Other orcs stood around him, their colors varying from as black as the darkest of men to his shade of green. "Oros, what is happening?"
"I am not sure, Agranaak." came another rugged voice, this one much older and seemingly wiser. "I fear the worst. Xol'narax."
There was some chatter and muttering amongst the orcs, fright evident in their tones, at this simple statement. At the terror of the fearless species, the others within the room quickly grew uneasy as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 am

The chains that bound most of the magic-using elves appeared to not have a traditional, mechanical lock, but rather a single link covered in blood-red runes that illuminated demonically.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:19 am

Vanessë shrugged, "If given enough time to figure out the chains . . .Hm." She fiddled with one of the chains, her mouth moved as she frowned in concentration. After a little while she muttered, "Interesting. But yes, in theory I could. I would probably be too weak to move very fast, however. Stick to the shadows . . .rely on my experience." She brushed more hair out of her eyes as she went back to staring at the chains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaS5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:26 am

After several moments, Deliah asked; "Is there a way to help you to make this process go any faster?" Before Vanesse had a chance to answer Deliah cried out "What if there is not enough time Vanesse?! What is our plan then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:36 am

Anariel let out a small sigh, as the tan man turned his gaze up towards Deliah. "Calm the fuck down, your moaning really isn't helping." He put a hand to his hand, a tattoo of two dragons wrapped around a broadsword revealed on his bare bicep. "Gah, now I have a Gods-damned headache."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:43 am

Vanessë narrowed her eyes slightly, "If I go too fast I have several risks. One, I might kill myself. Two, I might get something wrong and doom all of us...or three I get it wrong and end up not having enough energy to try again. This process is very complicated. If I run out of time...uh. I don't know what will happen then."
Her eyes flickered to the man's tattoo out of curiosity. After a second of staring she went back to concentrating on the chains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaS5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:52 am

Deliah remained quiet. She was afraid of men to begin with, and certainly had no intention on arguing with this one. She curled up next to the cave and began to sketch on the side of the wall with a small stone, a symbol of her people, a dove with an olive tree branch in it's beak. One of the children saw Her drawing and stood behind Deliah, watching her hand going back and forth. The child then picked up a nearby stone, sat down next to the dark-haired girl and drew along side her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:01 am

Anariel continued smiling as she watched the child and the druidess. She began to spin around merrily, humming to herself in complete and utter oblivion to the place that she was in. Her dress of leaves began to twirl as she spinned, her ankle-length blue hair following it as she shut her eyes and imagined herself in the beauty of the veil, where the stars always shined in an eternally clear night, the air neither too hot nor too cold, and where the trees always would sing. Around her neck, a simple and poorly made wooden flower was bound to a hemp string.
"At least they're being quiet, now," grumbled the tan man.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:05 am

Vanessë's eyes flickered to the man again, "You seem to complain a lot." She said this with a matter-of-factly type of voice. She stared at him, amusement clear in her eyes. Vanessë's eyes glowed a light silver in the darkness, while her actual eyes were a steel gray.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaS5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:10 am

Noticing the rustling behind her, Deliah turned around and watched the druidess spin in oblivion. "What is your name?" she finally called out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:15 am

Anariel stopped, and kept her warm smile on as her two eyes, glimmering with starlight, gazed at Deliah. "I am Anariel Starsong, of the Veiled Wood. And what is your name?"
The tan man chimed in. "The name's Amad. Thanks for asking." He shifted his attention back to Vanesse. "I have a right to bitch. These fools think that good eggs are supposed to be cooked for half a damn minute."
A Forest Elven woman in practical rags, near the room's only fire shifted her glare to Amad, a pan in her hand. "At least I'm DOING SOMETHING productive, here. Why don't you get up and come give me a hand?"
Amad grinned. "Why don't you come over here and give me a 'hand'?" He laughed crudely.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:23 am

Vanessë stood up gracefully and walked into the light a bit. Her face was heavily scarred, and it looked as if her nose was broken multiple times. Her ragged leather clothes had several ripped places. Any bare skin carried multiple scars of different kinds. She stretched and looked around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaS5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 am

"I am Deliah. I was separated from my parents when I was very young. I do not know the rest of my name." Her eyes drifted over Anariel. Somehow when she looked at this newly found person, she felt calmness and familiarity...Deliah was jolted back into the present by a tug on her dress. It was only the child who was drawing on the wall with her before. "I'm an orphan too." the young quivering voice said. "I'll help you look for your parents if you help me look for mine?" the child asked. Deliah gazed down at this small child with melancholy eyes. It was useless to look for her own parents. they were long dead in the raid in the village..."Deal." Deliah answered with a smile. Surely this child's family wasn't lost yet..?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:43 am

"We all have somebody to search for," came a new voice, that too of a man whose dialect held a very unique northern weight to it. "Blasted Acarians and Helmdorians pull children from mothers, unborn from wombs! They're horrid monsters." Two men leaned against a wall, too in rags. The one who had just spoken had two ice-blue eyes and red hair as fiery as his personality, a beard running down from his face. The second was a dark haired adolescent, a single scar from a blade running across his left cheek.
The younger of the two spoke. "Alrich..." He seemed much calmer in his demeanor, responding to the increasing troubles that came as the red-haired man ranted. "Give them something to hope for, not something to fear."
Anariel smiled at the two, almost as if she knew them. "Light up the darkness," she said with confidence.
"Only when the shaded path becomes clear to us," replied the older, red-headed man. The greeting and the response seemed very well-recited, both uttered flawlessly and in perfect timing.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 am

Vanessë stared ahead quietly, seemingly in her own little world. She began staring as soon as the subject of parents was brought up. She snapped back to reality at the new voice and rubbed one of her ears absently. She mumbled something rather negative about family to herself as she leaned against the wall. Vanessë quickly busied herself with studying the chains yet again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaS5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:53 am

Deliah held the child's hand as if he was the first member to her new family. She urned and asked "And who might you two be?" Deliah asked the new strangers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 am

"I am Alrich, and this is my squire, Robert," said the red-haired man.
"Now wait just a minute, I'm hardly your squire!" Protested the dark-haired boy. "I'm a brother in arms, just as you!"
"Yes, yes. Yet by our chivalry, you are assigned as my squire until you become a knight." Alrich looked around. "If we live to see your induction into the Order."
"We will! We'll get out of here, don't you worry!" Robert's two dark eyes seemed to have quite the passion hidden in them, his youthful expression filled with determination.
"Robby's words hold truth, Alrich!" cried Anariel, her arms flailing dramatically. "We will be free of the Mines of Arkun!"
"Yes, or die trying," came a grim reply from Alrich.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 am

Vanessë stared hard at the chains, as the air around them began to shimmer. All at once however, the air went back to normal and Vanessë slumped. She slid down along the wall to the floor and sighed. She mumbled a string of curses, then fell silent. She began to stare at the opposite wall blankly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaS5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:13 am

"Nice to meet you fine gentlemen."Deliah bowed in exusing herself and wandered over to where Vanesse was frozen. "Vanesse." No response. Deliah tried again. "Vanesse?" Still nothing. "Vanesse!!" Startled by Deliah's sudden appearance, Vanesse quickly moved away from the intruder. "Are you ok?" Deliah asked. She had a worried look upon her face, for as she looked at Vanesse, she could see her weakening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax   

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3 - The Pit of Maralax
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next