Project Aelarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Aelarium

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The City of Kyndale.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Emerith

Emerith

The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Gaius grunted, "I prefer enemies that don't crawl after me when I cut their heads off..."
Kyrian trotted back to the group quietly, "I don't see how we are gonna take all of the undead in that cave."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:58 pm

"You'll stay behind me. I am the force of the Gods' retribution. They shall guide me." The paladin held his hammer in front of him, filled with intent.
"Use your torches, the forces of death fear flame," said the elf again. "They shall be held at bay, whilst the paladin strikes."
Back to top Go down
https://projectaelarium.forumotion.com
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Most of the troupe rolled their eyes, but stayed behind the paladin anyway.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:02 pm

As the group ventured further into the darkness, more and more of the walking corpses began their approach. There was no divide on what they were: many were women, and a select few of the smaller ones were noted to be children, still suffering in this horror. The northerners held up their torches, waving it around as the undead backed away in apparent terror of the flame.
"Strike the necromancer, and their suffering shall be alleviated," said the elf, just as the paladin began to madly swing his hammer about, crushing the corpses in his path.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Kyrian pulled the hood down closer to his face as Emerith pulled out another arrow.
"I can easily shoot him," Emerith muttered.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Eventually, the group reached the end of the cave, a sort of an antechamber that was carved into the cavernous depths of the mountains. All around, corpses, snapping their teeth and moaning in agony were held at bay merely by the flames the rests in the hands of the group.
"Ah, welcome to the celebration," a voice sounded out, a voice as empty as that of the northern winds, as lifeless and broken as the billions in death. A voice ripped from its living essence, and hurled directly into the throes of death itself. "I see that the men of the south have sent their finest weapons against my force of retribution, of this world's reckoning? No matter, you shall fall before the forces of true power."
The elf with the group narrowed his eyes. "You shall do no such thing, Fantar. You WILL fall, and your evil affront to this world shall be forever vanquished."
Fantar laughed. "You believe that if I am defeated, the crusade will end? No, it has just begun. Westguard was but the first. Soon, the touch of death shall enshroud the entire world, and not even the kingdom of the elves will be safe! You spent so many ages pondering the meaning of mortality, and now...now you shall have it." Fantar snapped his fingers, and the flame on the torches died, leaving the group in pitch darkness. "You shall...be mortal."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Kyrian scoffed, "I don't have time for this shit.." He then mutters a small word, and armor purely made out of fire engulfs him, not burning him, but bright enough to illuminate a huge part of the room. It will burn any undead that come to close to him. Along with the armor he draws his short swords, also now bathed in fire. Kyrian makes a childish giggling sound, "You think you're the only one with magic?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Suddenly, a ring of fire surrounded the group as well. Scowling, the paladin gripped his hammer, but stayed his aggression for the moment. Faltar narrowed his eyes. "I SAID, TO THE EDGE OF MORTALITY!!!" He flicked again, every flame in the room dying.
Again, a ring of fire surrounded the group.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Kyrian scowled and reignited his flame armor once more, even brighter than before now.
"Your magic is pathetic," Kyrian grinned, purely just taunting him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Faltar scowled as the elf rose up from the ground, floating in a display of unbelievable power. His hands came to his sides, violet flame spewing forth directly at the necromancer. The man backed up from his pedestal, wailing in agony as he burned away. The flame ring all at once extinguished around the group, granting the men, and more specifically, the man wielding flame, the chance to annihilate the undead as he finished the necromancer.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Kyrian dashed forward and slashed out at any undead close enough with his flame-swords. It seemed as if he was donating a bit of his power to light Emerith's arrows, as they were ranged.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:46 pm

The elf stood above the necromancer, holding his old stick of a staff up next to the man's head. "Faltar, you were always envious."
"Always." All at once, the walking corpses ceased in their movements, moving back into death. They fell towards the floor, the decomposing bodies littering the cavern. "Always...how is it fair?"
"How do you know that it isn't?" The elf raised an eyebrow.
"I know what I see," said Faltar.
"But not what you have not."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Kyrian grunted and his flame magic disappeared. "Haven't done that in a while," he sighed.
Emerith huffed, "At least you CAN do it."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Faltar coughed once, his skin sizzling from the unworldly flame. "I...have never seen...what has not been seen...how do I put my faith into it?"
"You would rather put your faith into this?"
"I...no..."
"You live on, but just barely. You suffer, and they suffer as well. The same crime as the many men of this world," the elf looked down at Faltar. "Maybe it's time to see what's after this world, hmm? The greatest regrets of the immortal."
Faltar blinked slowly, gasping for breath. "It isn't fair..."
"I ask again, but what if it is?" The elf slowly began to hold up his hand. "You will be purged, whether by my fire or by the paladin's hammer. There is no place for you in this world any longer, my friend."
"Finish it, Solaren."
"I am sorry. You were an amazing peer, and a genius. I hope that the next world is blessed by your presence." The elf, Solaren, took a moment, pausing. Then, he spoke calmly. "Do you regret this?"
Faltar nodded weakly. "From the moment I started it. The darkness is...invigorating. A crime that I pray to be forgiven for..."
"The Gods are so often mistaken for vengeful beings. You are forgiven, from the first crime to the last. Have hope, Faltar. All will be well in the end of all things, even if it does not seem so."
"I see...nothing..." Faltar's eyes went blank, gazing up towards the ceiling of the cavern as if out into the vast heavens. The elf sighed, turning towards the group.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:35 pm

The rest of the troupe gathered around in a little group, and looked around.
Gaius talked in his gruff voice again, "What now?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:40 pm

The elf looked up. "I assume that this is it. The necromancer has passed into the next world."
The paladin scowled. "The underworld, where he shall suffer and wander, lost for eternity." He turns his gaze to the Kyrian and the elf. "You wretched magic users. I should string both of you up."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Kyrian scoffed, "Like you could do it anyway. You have no idea who you would be messing with."
Kyrian walked up to the paladin, and lifted his head so that only the paladin could see, revealing reptilian, dark blue almost black eyes. Slits, like that of a venomous snake.
Kyrian whispered, "You never know what exists in the darkness."
He then walked away, his eyes returning to normal so that everyone could see that the paladin was perhaps just crazy if he said anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:52 pm

The paladin narrowed his eyes. "Heathen. If you ever set foot in Faendar, so help me, I will disembowel you."
The elf interjected. "May we cease in our bickering, now? Perhaps it is time to EXIT the cave of rotting bodies." Sure enough, the stench of death was quickly becoming overwhelming. Thousands of decomposing corpses filled the cavern.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Kyrian grinned at the paladin, "I hope we can be the best of friends, but yes. We should get out."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Halthas motioned forward. "Come on, let's go." He began to lead the group of the cavern, most of whom were feeling faint and clearly were losing coherence as they stumbled around, no doubt from the stench. The boy, Damien, tripped and faceplanted right into the body of a rotting woman, his hand driving right through her decomposing flesh and into her entrails. He gagged, his eyes wide from fear as he cried out.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Gaius walked past and picked the boy up by his collar and grunted, "Watch your step boy," then he set him down on his feet and kept walking.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 pm

The boy trembled from head to toe, following the group with his eyes widened. At last, the group reached the mouth of the cave, and were greeted by the magnificent glow of the heavens yet again.
"We're done here," said the paladin. "I'm going back to Kyndale."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Vanessë muttered, "So am I...or at least the area around it."
The troupe all nodded.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1- Kyndale   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Suddenly, the elf perked up an ear. The paladin seemed to widen his eyes a bit, as well.
"Something...something is wrong." The paladin grasped his hammer.
"Something is ALWAYS wrong!" Replied one of the men.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm

The troupe instantly fell into defensive formations again, back to back in the circle, weapons drawn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The City of Kyndale.   The City of Kyndale. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The City of Kyndale.
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Aelarium :: Roleplay :: The Northlands-
Jump to: