Project Aelarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Aelarium

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 1- Afterlife

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:10 am

John ducked under a window, before realizing precisely how cowardly his actions appeared. He instead braced himself against the door, incase something tried to break it down.
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:14 am

Faithia unsheathed both of her short swords and followed the others into the inn. She felt she knew how to fight. The instinct seemed to be there. She only hoped that inkling was true and not a delusion. The high elf stood near the front door of the inn and watched outside.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:27 am

Emerith quietly readied an arrow, preparing to shoot any undead that managed to find their way in. It seemed as though she was having trouble with her now skeletal hand and her hand slipped. Em scowled and went back to staring at the undead.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1 - Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:31 am

In this very instant, one of the terrible abominations turned towards the dilapidated inn. A young woman in life, now her hair was torn out in patches, where skull and rotting tissue was revealed. Her face, badly decomposed, showed the upper rows of her teeth and the brown, decaying lip that remained. With laboring breath, the corpse stumbled forward towards the inn, until its eyes were fixed upon the window, peering in. None of the mindful dead made even a sound, holding as still as possible. A small whimper came from the direction of the girl, as one of the men in proud colors, Halthas, kept a dried hand over her mouth.
The massive gathering of undead continued to march by as this one single woman stared through the window still, her eyes glazed over with the touch of death.
Back to top Go down
https://projectaelarium.forumotion.com
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 am

Faithia's grip on her blades tightened. As the undead woman peered into the room, she was so tempted to dash forward and shred her into pieces. There was so much anger and confusion still stirring inside her now un-beating heart. Why was she brought back like this, even if she had a mind, it was still hell. Heck a part of her would actually prefer what oblivion had in store for her, but this... the elf was still debating on whether she should just run into the fray and commit suicide. Of course it would cause the other aware undead to die with her, but... who cared? They were just monsters like herself too. What did it matter. Why did anything matter now?
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:41 am

Emerith stared at the elf and narrowed her eyes. She slumped against the wall holding the arrow in place with the hand that was still covered in flesh. It seemed as though she was thinking the same thing. Emerith let out a silent sigh and closed her eyes, staying still.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1 - Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:49 am

Breath could be seen upon the very window in which the unliving woman stood, as it blurred in and out. Inhale, exhale. For several moments, she stood, until at last she made a turn from the window, limping over towards the tavern door. As if a small child or an animal, the horrid lump of once beautiful flesh toyed with the doorknob, which rattled about as the mindless woman attempted to figure out how to turn it. At last, the knob turned, and at this moment, the entire group of the mindful dead shut their eyes, certain that their brief return to the world was soon to cease again. A horrid resurface of but minutes from the peace of death was to many of them a terrible insult by the unnatural. Blessed they were to return to death, but cursed they had been to return to life. And so, as they had come across a storm in the silence of oblivion, the storm was to them about to pass.
It would not, however, be the end.
An ear-piercing screech sounded out, as a massive, winged shadow could be seen upon the ground, soaring overhead. The mindless woman turned, following the shepard of the dead. As time went on, the mass of the once living faded from sight.
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:00 am

The elven woman's instincts were telling her to attack, to blow her cover, but her body remained frozen in place. This made the woman clench her teeth. Why was she holding back? Faithia didn't really know. Was she afraid to die? Again? When the woman finally turned and left after a shadow came from overhead, Faithia relaxed her grip on her swords. What was the right answer? To live in this undeath and defy the natural order of life or to continue on in her current state?
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 am

Emerith, after the dead had vanished, murmured more to herself than anyone else, "What..was that..?"
She looked down at her skeletal hand and quietly wondered what she would do now that she was dead. How would she go back to her friends and family? Em stared at the floor and began to realize that she couldn't go back to them ever again. After a moment Em looked towards the window, wondering what made the screech.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1 - Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:11 am

"The King of the Damned has employed many agents beyond the eyes of even God. The truth of this plague that has swept the kingdom is much, much worse than any have realized," the leader of the dead, a man of a very pale hue and gray hair, stood up. "All of you have been freed from the terrors of his rule. You are free in mind and in will to go about what path you will." The man looked around at the group of undead.
One of the men in proud colors, nearest to the dark-haired Halthas, put a hand up to his mouth. Chunks of meat still dangled from between his teeth, dried blood apparent. The expression upon his rotting face instantly turned to horror. "What...what have I done?"
The necromancer turned his eyes. "Many of you have committed terrible acts during your mindless enslavement. But fret not, for they were not your own. There is still a chance for redemption."
The man looked to the necromancer, raising two shaking hands of dried flesh and bloodied bone. "What...what is it? How do we..."
The entire group felt the pain of their death all at once come to them, as their feeling seemed to return. Every wound, every patch of missing and rotted flesh, every spot where bone replaced skin sent forth a terrible agony through those who had been damned and freed.
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:19 am

Faithia placed her hand on her dislocated jaw. After messing around with for a bit she popped it back into place. The woman got ready to say something, but began to feel pain course through her body. The agony of the wounds she had received in her final battle were renewed. Faithia did not utter a sound, but her face winced up in pain. She was stronger than whatever was affecting her at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 am

Emerith was about to look through the window when she fell to the ground in pain. She slid down the wall and whimpered a bit, but otherwise made no other sounds. She shut her eyes and began to wait for the pain to end.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1 - Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 am

In the next moment, a very heavenly feeling brushed soothingly through the once damned. Though their bodies were damaged forever beyond repair, it seemed as though their pain could be numbed entirely. In this instance, the absence of agony became the greatest of pleasures, like jumping from cold water into the warm.
"Redemption," said the necromancer. "Redemption is what we seek, but not only for ourselves. An entire world rests now upon the brink of annihilation by the forces of Hell itself, and by the hand of the Dead King." He paused, his gaze shifting about the group. "Who shall fight?"
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 am

Faithia folded her hands in front of her causing her elbows to crack as they moved outside her rotting skin. She stared down the necromancer, her eyes piercing at him like daggers. "I can hardly even remember who I am--well was. You brought me-- all of us back into this hell of a world. Then you have the nerve to ask us to fight? What was your idea? To raise us up as your pawns to help you get your so called "justice"? What makes you are any better than this so called King of the Damned? Because my mind is free? Hah! Laughable. Pathetic."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:42 am

Emerith stared at the necromancer with a highly venomous glare. "Why should we fight with you? I lost -everything- and I'm sure these people did too. Why should we believe you anyway? How do we know that you aren't just as evil as the other necromancers? No. I will not fight. If ANYTHING I am going to kill every necromancer I see, so no one else has to go through this horror. And, you are a necromancer, yeah? So you should die too."
Emerith looked at the elf, "She's right. You don't have the right to ask us to fight. You are nothing to me."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1 - Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:47 am

The necromancer looked at the elf. "You are free to go as you please. I shall not hold you to slavery as the Dead King."
"I shall serve you, and free the world of his darkness!" A decaying Halthas knelt before the necromancer. "Hail! The true king of the dead!"
"Hail!" Another of Halthas's fellow men knelt before the necromancer as well, drawing a blade coated in dried blood. "The King of the Dead!"
"Hail!" Another voice exclaimed, as more men and women began to kneel before the necromancer. In life, they came from many walks. Some were warriors, armed heavily and protected by torn steel, a final display of its failure to defend them. Others were but common folk, dressed in varying attire; from tunics to dresses, aprons to but mere leggings. Such variety was amongst the dozens who knelt now before the other King of the Dead.
Once a holy man, the auburn-haired Doren stared forward blankly with two deep blue eyes, like the bountiful crystals of the depths of dwarven mountains. He uttered his words of reverence in but a whisper, "Hail." Forsaking and forsaken, he knelt before the monarch of dozens damned.
The youngest of the group, the girl in the white dress, continued to whimper in the corner out of fear, not bending a knee to the Necromancer King. She shook her head, sobbing uncontrollably. "Mama! Mama! Mama!" she cried in vain. Her voice grew louder, and more ear-piercing as she screeched out, "MAMA!!!"
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:54 am

Faithia scoffed at the scene she saw before her. All these people were so ready to serve this man? They didn't even know him or what his true intentions were. Of course the common rabble would believe anything a so called savior would offer. Such weak minded fools. They would follow anyone who spoke a few honeyed words. The elf looked towards the small girl that was crying. "Sick... sickening it is! That you would even raise a child from the dead after she found peace in the afterlife! Are you all such fools that you would bow down to any person who gave you a little pep talk?"
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:00 am

Emerith joined in with the elf, "How do you know that he isn't lying to you?! I bet he's working with the man that led those undead a few minutes ago! You all need to actually think about what you are doing. You all have lost your families and your...sanity. I know how you feel, but you can't go with this man! He will turn on you in a heartbeat! You felt that pain, that was him! He is evil for raising all of us. He is an idiot for fooling around with things he doesn't even understand. If you all want to throw your lot in with him, fine. Good luck to you, don't come crying to me if he turns on you. But if you want to come with me, we'll end ALL necromancers. That I swear. If I break this promise then I will let whomever so wishes kill me themselves."
Emerith backed up a few paces, and waited to see if anyone would join her.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1 - Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:03 am

The necromancer looked to the elf and the lady. "I raised not one of you," he said. "You had already been raised by the tyrant Dead King, wandering the land aimlessly as you brought others to death and then undeath as well. I but freed you from your torment."
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:09 am

Faithia stepped beside of the woman who had spoken up as well. At least not everyone in this group were idiots. "Whether that is true or not, I go my own way. I'm not going to serve you as a so called king like the rest of these mindless fools are so ready to."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:12 am

Emerith grunted, "I'm not either. Since I can't even remember anything about being a 'mindless undead' I'm not going to believe that you didn't raise us. I don't know what happened therefor I will never trust you. I'm going to try and put an end to this whole undead business."
Emerith held her bow close, "If anyone wants to join, be my guest, if not, oh well. Go ahead and be mindless."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1 - Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:13 am

Suddenly, the once devout paladin, Doren, stood to face the two women. "And where will you go, girl and elf?" He stood there, his paled eyes searching the two.
Back to top Go down
Fanawa

Fanawa

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:18 am

Faithia shifted her weight to the other foot, her bones creaking as she did so. The elven woman drew both of her deadly blades. They seemed to shine even without the sun. "Wherever I feel like I am needed."
Back to top Go down
Emerith

Emerith

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 am

Emerith had a determined look on her face as she said, "Wherever the undead are. Wherever I can help."
Em adjusted her quiver of arrows and slung her bow across her back.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 1 - Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:27 am

The blue-eyed paladin continued to look at the two, his gaze turned to an icy hue by death's glazing of his eyes. "And who then truly is the fool? Are you so naive to believe that this world shall accept what you have become, that the kingdoms of men and elves and dwarves shall ever permit your existence?" Doren turned to face the necromancer, the proclaimed king. "There is nowhere else to turn, and I see now the plan of God for us. We shall selflessly go forth and rid the world of this plague. But we cannot do it if we are divided. Together, we may stand. Alone, the dead shall take us back."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- Afterlife   Chapter 1- Afterlife - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1- Afterlife
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next